Lincoln suffered defeat after defeat, he survived heartbreak, bankrupcy, and a nervous breakdown, events that most people experience one of al it scars their life and holds them back. Not Lincoln, he could have quit 100s of times – but he didn’t and eventually he became one of the greatest American presidents in history.
- 1816: Lincoln had to work to support his family after they were forced out of their home
- 1818: His mother passed away.
- 1831: He experienced his first failure in business.
- 1832: He ran for state legislature and lost.
- 1832: He lost his job, and also wanted to go to law school but he could not get in.
- 1833: Failed in business for the second time and was declared bankrupt after borrowing money from a friend. The next 17 years of his life were spent paying off his debts.
- 1835: His sweetheart died and he was devastated.
- 1836: He had a nervous breakdown and stayed in bed for 6 months.
- 1838: He campaigned to be the speaker of the state legislature and was defeated.
- 1840: He campaigned to to become elector and was defeated.
- 1843: He ran for Congress and lost.
- 1846: He ran for Congress again – and actually won.
- 1848: Ran for re-election to Congress and lost.
- 1849: He was rejected from the job of land officer in his home state.
- 1854: He ran to be Senate of the United States and he lost.
- 1856: He campaigned to be the Vice-Presidential nomination at for his party but received less than 100 votes.
- 1858: He ran for Senate again, and lost again.
- 1860: He was elected president of the United States.
How persistent are you in life? Have you got what it takes to experience huge success?…. Yes, you do! We all do, but you just have to rewire how you view failure. You have to persist through it, and know that it will only make you stronger. let failure fuel you on to even greater success.
There are no magic pills, it takes hard work to be successful, but our subliminal success album will give you a boost. It will simply align your mind to some of the key ways of thinking shared by successful people, of which persistence and determination are key!